Speak To Our Conveyancing Team
Purchasing your home from the council, is brilliant, because you are already moved in, all you need to do is sort out your finances and the legalities. We ensure the process proceeds smoothly and stress free and the advice on this page will help you be extra prepared when instructing us to assist you.
What can you do to speed up the process?
- Have your deposit, and mortgage in principle ready
- If it is a cash purchase, ensure your finances are in one place
- You have confirmation from your council that you have the right to purchase your home
- Pass our details onto the council’s solicitor and mortgage broker (if applicable) so that they know who we are when we contact them
- Return all customer care documents to us as quickly as possible, with your ID and your money on account, which is £300, so that we can immediately start applying for searches (if applicable)
- Return final signed contract to us, quickly
What steps do we take to assist you?
- Give you a breakdown of fees, and offer you initial advice
- On receiving your instructions, we will have an initial customer engagement pack to out to you.
- Advise you on the different types of ownership if you are purchasing with someone else
- Advise you on your councils right to buy terms and conditions
- Receive and advise on contract documents
- Carry out searches (apply for further searches if required)
- Raise any necessary enquiries to the council’s solicitors, so we know exactly what it is you are purchasing
- Give you advice on all documents and responses to enquiries that we receive from the them
- Advise you on the conditions of your mortgage (if applicable)
- Send final contracts to you for signature
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Agree a completion date (date from which you own the property)
- Arrange for all completion monies to be sent us
- Complete purchase
What happens after you complete on your purchase?
There are a few other items we deal with on your behalf. These are called Post Completion tasks and include:
- Deal with payment of Stamp Duty/Land Tax
- Deal with application for registration at Land Registry
Use our online quote tool to get an instant quote, or make an enquiry using our online enquiry form.